About Us


 
 
 
We Provide Only Best Professional Design Services
DES General Trading PLC was founded in 1990 by Owner and General Manager Desalegn Tesfai. DES General Trading was founded with the vision of eliminating the import of household items and satisfying existing demand by manufacturing affordable high-end quality household products here in Ethiopia. Observing gaps in the supply of quality household and building materials, and utilizing favorable market situations (such as duty and tax exemptions on imported goods), we took the market into our hands and sought to become the leading manufacturer of plastic and stainless steel household items in the country.

Presently, we employ around 280 employees across three state of the art manufacturing plants and our Head Office. We are constantly expanding our business - in addition to the existing three manufacturing plants, we are currently finalizing studies to open a few more around the country. We have also made progress in bolstering the export of our manufactured products and diversifying the type of services we provide.
 
 
 
 
 

our Unique Desgin & Quality

 
About Us
 
About Us
 
About Us
 
 
 
 
 

Goals

At present, we manufacture 65% of all our products and import the remaining 35% from other countries. We are confident that we will manufacture all of our products here in Ethiopia by the beginning of 2009 (Eth. C). With the aim of reaching out to our individual and company clients, we distribute our products through our fully equipped shops located in different prime locations of the country.
With this in mind, we will begin the production of three new materials in the coming year.
  • PP Mat : We will stop the import of PP Mats and start local production in 5 months
  • Stainless Steel Kitchenware Items: We have finalized the purchase and installment of machines for the production of Kitchen Sinks and other stainless steel products. After we hire the required experienced professionals, we will commence production in the coming year
  • PPR Pipes: We will stop importing PPR Pipes and start local production in the coming year
 
 
 
 

Our mission

The company's mission is to provide its customers with high quality household and building materials at a reasonable price.

 
 

Our vision

The company's vision is to become the leading manufacturer and sole distributor of high quality brand household materials in Ethiopia, in particular, and in East Africa as a whole.

 
Contact Des General Trading P.L.C for central heating installations and servicing by experienced heating engineers.
call: 0111 116022